Italy’s foreign ministry says the staff at its embassy in Tripoli, Libya, are all safe after a car bombing “in the vicinity of the Italian and Egyptian embassies” in that city. It said the explosion was “in the vicinity of the Italian and Egyptian embassies” in Tripoli. The ministry said late on Saturday that a vehicle “full of explosives” blew up earlier in the evening and “it seems” there were two victims, who presumably were the two people in the car. Italy said that Libyan authorities have stepped up security near the Italian embassy, which was recently re-opened. Rome has played a leading role in trying to encourage a unity government in Libya.
Your exclusive news aggregator handpicked daily!
Newsline: Italy says its embassy staff is safe after Libya bombing