The North Korean embassy claims it has not received any official request from the police or the foreign affairs ministry to question two of its citizens – including a diplomat – over the killing of Kim Jong Nam. An embassy official, Kim Yu Song told reporters today that on Wednesday, Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar informed the media that police sought the embassy’s assistance to get the statements of second secretary, Hyon Kwang Song and an Air Koryo employee, named Kim Uk Il. But Yu Song said to date, it has not received any official request on the matter. “We also condemn a report by a South Korean media outlet that we had already received such a request yesterday. “I have stated in Korean that we had not received such a request yesterday but they reported the opposite,” he told reporters waiting outside the embassy. Before this, Khalid said the police were looking to question Kwang Song and Uk Il over Jong Nam’s killing.
Your exclusive news aggregator handpicked daily!
Newsline: North Korean embassy denies getting Malaysian police request for suspects